Monday, January 31, 2011

It has been awhile..





Now that my two little ones are sleeping I want to update a little. Life got pretty busy the moment we welcomed Naomi to this world. I thought I had my hands full with one child...now with two life is definitely stretch to full capacity. Or at least until I get the hang of it. Naomi was born 11/28/2010. Labor was hard yet easier than the first time. I got to the hospital at 9 centimeters. I was surprise and happy when I heard the nurse said "we better take you to the delivery room" It was around 6am. The Doc broke my water to make it faster and it sure did. My pain intensified and contractions were coming pretty close together. The last centimeter was the hardest part of my labor. Pushing was tiring but doable. I didn't like my nurse too much. But I was glad to have my hubby there. He instructed me better than the slow and careless nurse. You could tell he had good experience :). She was born at 7:58am. The Doc called my labor and pushing "fast and furious"...I wanted that baby out ASAP! He loved my labor. He was in and out. He barely made it to catch my baby..they didn't even have some stuff ready but eventually she made the grand entrance and Mommy and baby were happy that it was all over.
Jacob just woke up...to be continued

Anyway its now been 2 months and we are adjusting to having an infant and an energetic toddler running around. In January our Naomi got sick with a respiratory virus (RSV). She was in the hospital for 3 and a half days. Thanks to many people who prayed for her she recuperated a lot sooner than what we thought. It was a scary time yet we got to experience God's grace and mercy. A big thanks for my sister Vero and friend Carla for watching Jacob while we were with Naomi at the hospital. We are now enjoying being at home with our two little ones. It's a lot of work for Mommy but there is a lot of JOY I get in caring for them.

No comments: