Friday, February 19, 2010

The Personal Touch Part 1

THOU GREAT I AM,

I acknowledge and confess that all things come of thee -
life, breath, happiness, advancement,
sight, touch, hearing, goodness, truth, beauty -
all that makes existence amiable.
In the spiritual world also I am dependent
entirely upon thee.
Give me grace to know more of my need of grace;
Show me my sinfulness that I may willingly
confess it;
Reveal to me my weakness that I may know my strength in thee.
I thank thee for any sign of penitence;
give me more of it;
My sins are black and deep,
and rise from a stony, proud, self-righteous heart;.......to be continued

1 comment:

Jesse and Paulina said...

This prayer was written by a puritan long ago. It is very rich and truthful. I identify with this prayer because of my struggle day in and day out with my sinfulness. I love the whole poem...but this is what I need "Give me grace to know more of my need of grace"